Patient and Citizen Involvement
Vision: Patient and citizen perspectives improve HTA.
The HTAi Interest Group for Patient and Citizen Involvement in HTA (PCIG) brings together patients and citizens with staff from HTA bodies, government, research, industry (health technology developers) and consultancy to strengthen HTA with the systematic incorporation of patient and citizen perspectives.
We do this by:
- Promoting & developing robust methodologies and practical resources
- Sharing good practice in participation
- Supporting countries with limited experience
We consider ‘involvement’ to be a wide-ranging term that encompasses:
- patient and citizen participation in HTA processes, and
- research to provide evidence about patients’ and citizens’ perspectives, preferences and experiences to input to HTA.
The members of the Steering Committee and its Project Sub-Committees volunteer their time, expertise and energy, with paid assistance coming from the HTAi Secretariat.
PCIG has more than 300 members spread across 43 countries
Benefits of being a member include:
- Actively shape the future of patient and public involvement in HTA
- Build strong networks with relevant experts across the stakeholder communities around the globe
- Propose topics for the interest group to consider in future strategies
- Develop and work on projects to tackle key issues
- Take part in international collaborations to further research and provide practical support
- Share good practice and lessons learnt with your peers
- Be consulted about major initiatives in this field
- Keep up to date with developments, including a monthly e-bulletin
- Invitations for most active members to our annual face-to-face meeting.
- Undertake collaborative projects to support our aims
- Keep our members informed about patient and citizen involvement in HTA with monthly E-Bulletins
- Encourage members to join our Project Sub-Committees to advance our shared interests and develop resources for those establishing and developing patient and citizen involvement in HTA
- Run workshops and panel sessions at the HTAi Annual Meeting
- Participate in symposiums, webinars and training sessions on a global level
- Publish papers in peer-reviewed journals
- Offer advice to stakeholders seeking to improve patient involvement in HTA
Chair: Ann Single (Australia), Patient Voice Initiative
Former Chair: Neil Bertelsen (UK)
Technical Officer: Veronica Lopez Gousset (France)
Ann Single (Australia), Chair
Valentina Strammiello (Belgium), Vice Chair
Neil Bertelsen (UK), Outgoing Chair
Anke-Peggy Holtorf (Switzerland), Project Co-ordinator
Todd Stephenson (Australia), Financial Secretary
Sarah Berglas (Canada)
Barry Liden (USA)
Heidi Livingstone (UK)
Aline Silveira Silva (Brazil)
Kate Morgan (UK)
Ana Toledo Chávarri (Spain)
JOIN THIS IG
Involvement in the IGs is open to all HTAi members with current membership, which allows you to join the IG mailing lists to receive notifications about IG activities and opportunities to get more involved in specific working groups and projects.
To join, or if you have further questions, please contact [email protected].
Follow the PCIG on Twitter at @pcisg.
As a member of HTAi, you're become part of an international society of experts and leaders in the HTA field. You can gain access to our Annual Meeting, Policy Forums and Interest Groups, where you can participate in the critical conversations that help inform policy on the use of effective technologies in health assessment.